Old 17-07-2003, 11:30 PM
*muffin*

Default duckweed

I received my shipment of duckweed from BenignVanilla
& put IT in my pond.

ummmmm IT lasted all of 43 min 18 seconds!!!!

dang those fish loved that stuff

*pout*
that was one expensive meal

Old 18-07-2003, 12:12 AM
jammer

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:56:50 -0400, "*muffin*"
wrote:

I received my shipment of duckweed from BenignVanilla
& put IT in my pond.

ummmmm IT lasted all of 43 min 18 seconds!!!!

dang those fish loved that stuff

*pout*
that was one expensive meal

I'm sorry, all i can do is laugh....

Old 18-07-2003, 12:22 AM
Basil Malithorne

I bought a few scoops of Salvania which had a ton of duckweed mixed into it. The fish had the duckweed separated from the Salvania and eaten within minutes. However, since I know they won't eat the stuff I bought, it was a win-win. Pond was covered and the Koi had dessert.

--
------------------------------
Barefoot Malithorne

Old 18-07-2003, 12:32 AM
Gene

I got my shipment of duckweed today too.
Thanks BenignVanilla.

Old 18-07-2003, 01:12 PM
BenignVanilla

"*muffin*" wrote in message
I received my shipment of duckweed from BenignVanilla
& put IT in my pond.

ummmmm IT lasted all of 43 min 18 seconds!!!!

dang those fish loved that stuff

*pout*
that was one expensive meal

If I didn't know the cost to ship, I would laugh too. Gosh, that stinks. My
fish peck at it, but I have so much, they can't get rid of it all. I did put
a huge handful in my aquarium, and it was gone a day later. I guess depends
on the fish.

I am at least glad to hear it survived.

BV.

Old 18-07-2003, 01:12 PM
BenignVanilla

"Gene" wrote in message
I got my shipment of duckweed today too.
Thanks BenignVanilla.

snip

Did it survive?

BV.

Old 18-07-2003, 03:52 PM
Pinkpggy

I received my shipment of duckweed from BenignVanilla
& put IT in my pond.

ummmmm IT lasted all of 43 min 18 seconds!!!!

dang those fish loved that stuff

*pout*
that was one expensive meal

LOL LOL I know the duckweed doesn't last long in our pond either.

Jan
http://hometown.aol.com/pinkpggy/us.html

Old 21-07-2003, 05:42 AM
The Madd Hatter

What type of fish eat the duckweed? I put a couple of large scoops in
my pond, along w/ salvania (i think)... It spread a little bit but it
seems to be contained and actually waning now... I have a couple dozen
feeder goldfish in there and 9 or 10 african cichlids ranging in size
from 3" to 7.5"....

Also, I've got an infestation of this wierd green plant or algae... It
floats around in huge mats (snagging my duckweed too btw!) and feels
like hair.. .Its long and stringy and quite nasty... Anyone know what
it is or what I can do to get rid of it?

Thanx!

Old 21-07-2003, 02:52 PM
BenignVanilla

"The Madd Hatter" wrote in message
news
What type of fish eat the duckweed? I put a couple of large scoops in
my pond, along w/ salvania (i think)... It spread a little bit but it
seems to be contained and actually waning now... I have a couple dozen
feeder goldfish in there and 9 or 10 african cichlids ranging in size
from 3" to 7.5"....

In my experience, my pond fish nibble the roots, but my aquarium fish gobble
the whole plant up.

Also, I've got an infestation of this wierd green plant or algae... It
floats around in huge mats (snagging my duckweed too btw!) and feels
like hair.. .Its long and stringy and quite nasty... Anyone know what
it is or what I can do to get rid of it?

Sounds like string algae.

BV.

Old 23-07-2003, 03:22 AM
The Madd Hatter

Thanx BV

Thats what i was afraid of...Ofcourse this explains why my cichlids
out there are so robust even though they only get fed once a day
instead of 3 times....

Old 23-07-2003, 03:02 PM
BenignVanilla

"The Madd Hatter" wrote in message
Thanx BV

Thats what i was afraid of...Ofcourse this explains why my cichlids
out there are so robust even though they only get fed once a day
instead of 3 times....

snip

I am getting the string algae around the edges of my pots, and near eddies
in the VF. I have heard lots of horror stories, but so far, when I can reach
it, I just pull it out. No biggie. Funny story...I went to pull a huge pile
out last night, but found that some of Jim Hurley's Water Celery had taken
root in a pile of straw and string algae. I tossed it all back in.

BV.