Old 21-07-2003, 09:27 AM
Ron

Default Hedge renovation update

"bnd777" wrote in message
As the roots extend across the lawn why not expose them and simply paint

the
roots with creosote then the ivy will die and eventually you can pull it

out

As I said, the ivy has layered itself and sends up growth in the lawn.
Perhaps there are two varieties of ivy in my garden one on the ground and
one in the hedge - who knows?

Exposing a layered root and painting with creosote will do nothing for the
plants layered around the stems of the privet. But creosote these days is
nothing like the stuff my grandfather used to collect hot from the gasworks
in Podsmead Gloucester!

Regards

Ron