Old 21-07-2003, 11:52 AM
Darkginger

Default Alien life form or plant?

Philippe Gautier wrote

Darkginger wrote:

snip
At the base of one unsuccessful cutting
is growing what can only be described as 'leaves with eyes'. The thing

in
question is about two and a half inches wide, mid-green, growing flat to

the
earth - no stem. The 'leaves' feel rubbery, and each of them has two

large
pores, like eyes, growing near the leaf edge furthest from the middle

snip

Has to be Liverworts: see

http://home.clara.net/adhale/bryos/preissia.htm

Thanks so much! You're absolutely right, it's a liverwort - and I think it's
wonderful! Has to be one of the strangest plants I've come across - think
I'll leave it alone and see how big it gets!

Thanks again!

Jo (though I sort of wish it had been an alien!)

---