Old 21-07-2003, 03:02 PM
Christopher Norton

Default Book for new Allotment Holders

The message
from Mike contains these words:

Rather old, first Published in 1982 by Severn House Publishers Ltd.

Then published in 1991 by Treasure Press, Michelin House, 81 Fulham
Road, London SW3 6RB.

With an ISBN Number 1 85051 606 5

The Allotment Gardener's Handbook by Alan Titchmarsh with over 100
diagrams and charts

seems to be a good book for real beginners.

'If' you can get one :-((

Ours came in a collection of books which were 'dumped' on us a few years
back and with the amount of new allotment holders coming up on this
newsgroup, I thought they might like to 'browse' their local and not so
local second hand bookshops

Mike

Thanks for the look out on that one Mike. I`m lucky, the guy next door
to us in the allotment has had one for 30 years. Decided 3 years ago
when he retired that he wanted a challenge and moved site to start
again! Every time I go down there and he is there he seems to impart
just a little bit more knowledge so you learn without it being too much
in one go. Plus he rotovated mine for me once I had got the rubbish out
of it.