Old 21-07-2003, 05:22 PM

Default Budleja

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 07:42:41 -0500, J Kolenovsky
wrote:

Common butterfly
bush (Buddleia
davidii) responds
very well to heavy
annual pruning by
producing fewer,
but larger, blooms.
Cut back one-third
of the oldest stems
or prune all stems
to within 8 in. of
the ground,
especially if winter
dieback occurs.

Piggy-backing on this thread: I was about to query the NG
SECOND BLOOM

I am in So Calif coastal. I did prune my Buddleia after it finished
blooming in about May-June -- lost track exactly when.

Now it is blooming again.

Anyone else in this Zone, what has been your experience?

Thanks.

--

Persephone

James Duff wrote:

I have two budleja's in my garden; one white & one lilac,they are both
in flower at the moment but the white ones seems in distress, as all
the flower heads are hanging as if in need of water,but I know this is
not the case, any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks JD.