Old 21-07-2003, 05:22 PM
Tom Randy

Default Wisteria - keeping it tamed

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:47:29 -0400, Cheryl wrote:

I have a young wisteria plant which has started putting out vines which
are climbing up a trellis. I would like to keep the plant on the
smallish side and am wondering what sort of pruning techniques I should
use. Does anyone have ideas on how to do this?
Cheryl

I have one I trained as a tree and I have to prune this thing once a week
or it'll take over the planet! I just prune the runners back as far as I
want. Wisterias are a bit of work but worth it come flowering time. Just
prune the long runners back where you want them. It's that easy.