Old 21-07-2003, 05:42 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Default ? baby koi #2

john rutz wrote:

RichToyBox wrote:

John,\

stock tank does not have that good carpet of algae that they would
feed on
in the pond.

I have been watching the 9 or so fry in the kiddie pool for a week now,
went out this am and saw 20+ in the Koi pond,
12 or so in the veggie filter (hard to see whats in there with all the
plants, duckweed and algae its begining to look like I have had a real
good spawn and as two of the females and one of the males were
buterflys I just might have something really nice going here guess I
will know for sure what I have and what to cull come next spring when
they are big enough to decide which are keepers and which ar culls the
Old Fartt is happy today VVVBG

I usually don't see any until I clean my veggie filter in
the Fall. They usually do very well in there since the only
predators are the dragonfly larva.

--
Bonnie
NJ