Old 21-07-2003, 03:28 PM
john rutz

Default ? baby koi #2

john rutz wrote:

RichToyBox wrote:

John,\

stock tank does not have that good carpet of algae that they would
feed on
in the pond.

I have been watching the 9 or so fry in the kiddie pool for a week now,
went out this am and saw 20+ in the Koi pond,
12 or so in the veggie filter (hard to see whats in there with all the
plants, duckweed and algae its begining to look like I have had a real
good spawn and as two of the females and one of the males were
buterflys I just might have something really nice going here guess I
will know for sure what I have and what to cull come next spring when
they are big enough to decide which are keepers and which ar culls the
Old Fartt is happy today VVVBG

--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 21-07-2003, 04:42 PM
Nedra

John ... I am sooo happy for you!! You deserve a break ...
Looks like the fish obliged ;-)

Nedra

Old 21-07-2003, 05:42 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

john rutz wrote:

john rutz wrote:

RichToyBox wrote:

John,\

stock tank does not have that good carpet of algae that they would
feed on
in the pond.

I have been watching the 9 or so fry in the kiddie pool for a week now,
went out this am and saw 20+ in the Koi pond,
12 or so in the veggie filter (hard to see whats in there with all the
plants, duckweed and algae its begining to look like I have had a real
good spawn and as two of the females and one of the males were
buterflys I just might have something really nice going here guess I
will know for sure what I have and what to cull come next spring when
they are big enough to decide which are keepers and which ar culls the
Old Fartt is happy today VVVBG

I usually don't see any until I clean my veggie filter in
the Fall. They usually do very well in there since the only
predators are the dragonfly larva.

--
Bonnie
NJ

2 baby koi, 1 baby plant ~ janj Ponds 6 14-05-2006 12:42 AM
beautiful baby koi.... on catfishfood - some koi/gf mix ~ Windsong ~ Ponds 9 15-11-2003 08:12 PM
Baby koi Jerrispond Ponds 11 18-07-2003 07:54 PM
Baby koi or goldfish? Sue Alexandre Ponds 2 16-07-2003 06:21 AM
baby koi! matt Ponds 2 18-05-2003 01:56 AM