Old 21-07-2003, 07:06 PM
Zemedelec

Default Calla Lily question

Im from California (sunny Sacramento) too but your the only person ive
heard say that they are a weed . I wouldn't even consider them as
such,as i have never seen them grow wildly and uncontrolably
anywhere.we must be from different areas definitely

Was that me you were quoting? If I remember correctly, I said that they grew
so lavishly that some people almost *cpnsidered* them a weed in my area (then,
Mandeville Canyon in the Santa Monica Mountains.)
I cultivate several kinds of callas now in New Orleans, and I'm delighted when
they flower--although none of mine are the pure white kind I grew up with.
zemedelec