Old 21-07-2003, 08:14 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Default Book for new Allotment Holders

What BND777 says is probably right but I find they do better if they are not
pruned until a fair bit later than 3/4 years. Oh and anytime now really or
the autumn

Mike wrote:
Rather old, first Published in 1982 by Severn House Publishers Ltd.

Then published in 1991 by Treasure Press, Michelin House, 81 Fulham
Road, London SW3 6RB.

With an ISBN Number 1 85051 606 5

The Allotment Gardener's Handbook by Alan Titchmarsh with over 100
diagrams and charts

seems to be a good book for real beginners.

'If' you can get one :-((

Ours came in a collection of books which were 'dumped' on us a few
years
back and with the amount of new allotment holders coming up on this
newsgroup, I thought they might like to 'browse' their local and not
so
local second hand bookshops

Mike

-------
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many
more
National Service (RAF) Association Scarborough. Nov 7th - 10th
(Nearly Full)

Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk