Old 21-07-2003, 09:35 PM
Doreen Taylor

Default Strange creature, friend or foe?

Thanks Rod, may be it. At the allotment today, I found several grown up
ones, about an inch or so long, merrily feeding on some weeds, (at least
they were) struck me the vegetables may be next on their list.
"Rod" wrote in message

"Kay Easton" wrote in message

In article , Doreen
Taylor writes
Found a weird beastie on the lottie. Tiny, half inch long, yellow and

black
rings, forms a circle, straightens out when prodded. Any ideas folks?

very young cinnabar moth caterpillar?

I was working on a commercial landscape in a town last week rather than on

the home patch - saw a fully fed Cinnabar moth
caterpillar running like hell along the pavement at least 100 metres away

from anything green, I'm guessing it was trying to find
somewhere to pupate.

Rod