Old 22-07-2003, 02:08 AM
hjgfjgd

Default help... newbie

Leigh, thanks for your feedback. 20-30 gallons seems a bit much for a
25 cent goldfish that is 1.5 inches long. Did I mislead by saying
goldfish, or is a fish this size really supposed to have 25 gallons to
itself ? I hear you about them preferring to be in groups, but I won't
get more if you think this one is already overcrowded.

I will assume that you mean that the current (stock) lighting in my
eclipse tank is considered "low-light". I will hit the link you
provided and dig for more info.

tose (LeighMo) wrote in
:

You should probably find another home for your goldfish first.
Goldfish love to eat plants. An Eclipse 6 is too small for a goldfish
anyway. Goldfish need 20-30 gallons each, and are happier in groups.

With an Eclipse, the easiest thing to do is to keep it low-light.
It's not easy to upgrade the lighting on an Eclipse. Also, the
low-light plants are the ones least likely to be eaten by goldfish, if
you decide to keep the fish you have.

Leigh