Old 22-07-2003, 03:48 AM
The Guy

Default how to keeps cats out

In article ,
"Catherine Caling" wrote:

Acting on advice in one of the other threads, you could try planting
catnip in the middle of any traffic roundabout in your neighbourhood. ;-)

LOL I feel very tempted to try that after having a neighbours cat yowling
under my window for the last week at 3am in the morning
: )

Well I have a catnip plant in a 5-gal container surrounded by chicken
wire (with the intent of drying some for a relatives cat which lives
elsewhere), about 6 ft way is a 4' x 4' raised bed garden (sweet corn
using the sq foot gardening method. Anyway the catnip leaves protruding
thru the chicken wire are trashed to about 18" above ground level but
the cat(s) seem to leave the raised bed garden alone as well as others
about 30' away...maybe the catnip distracts them from laying tootsie
rolls. YMMV

Steve O