Old 22-07-2003, 03:58 AM
Nedra

Default is ph & alkaline the same?

Sounds like readings from a KH test kit. KH measures
the alkalinity of the pond water. I like to keep the KH
at close to 140. Or a pH of 8.4... I add baking soda to
get the KH reading up.
One cup of Baking Soda to 1,000 gallons of water.
Only add one cup at a time each day until you have
reached the 120 (in your case) mark.
Instructions:
Mix a cup of Baking Soda in a couple of cups of pond water.
Drizzle the mixture around the pond then water the pond to
mix the BS in .... VBG

Hope this helps.

Nedra

"*muffin*" wrote in message
my ph test kit says that 7.0 on the reading is neutral.
above is alkaline.......
but, some 'things' (like koizyme) want an alkalinity as a minimum of 80
preferred is 100-120.
where/how do you get those readings???????/