Old 22-07-2003, 03:58 AM
Nedra

Default I got a Bud!

You never read that from one of my posts, Rhino!
My four lotuses bloomed two months after they were
planted.
You can see my lotus pictures he

Nedra

"Rhino" wrote in message
No not beer... I bought a "Chawan Basu Dwarf Lotus" from ebay on May

10th and
it went into the pond as a bare root with one furled 2" dia. leaf. I have

read
over and over on this group that you won't get a blossom until the second

year.
The lotus started putting out floater leaves and then aerials. I have it
planted in a 30gal pot, full sun, off to the side of the pond in 1/2

peagravel
and 1/2 heavy clay. It has 10 aerials about 6"-12" acros and only stands

about
18" tall. I GOT A BUD!!! I found it hiding under one of the aerials!

Will wonders never cease.

I'll try to add a page link and photos as the lotus grows.

Rhino

See my pond
www.htcomp.net/rhino_4_good/index.htm

"Without the second ammendment, the others are just suggestions."