Old 21-07-2003, 10:48 PM
Rhino

Default I got a Bud!

No not beer... I bought a "Chawan Basu Dwarf Lotus" from ebay on May 10th and
it went into the pond as a bare root with one furled 2" dia. leaf. I have read
over and over on this group that you won't get a blossom until the second year.
The lotus started putting out floater leaves and then aerials. I have it
planted in a 30gal pot, full sun, off to the side of the pond in 1/2 peagravel
and 1/2 heavy clay. It has 10 aerials about 6"-12" acros and only stands about
18" tall. I GOT A BUD!!! I found it hiding under one of the aerials!

Will wonders never cease.

I'll try to add a page link and photos as the lotus grows.

Rhino

See my pond
www.htcomp.net/rhino_4_good/index.htm

"Without the second ammendment, the others are just suggestions."
Old 22-07-2003, 03:54 AM
Nedra

You never read that from one of my posts, Rhino!
My four lotuses bloomed two months after they were
planted.
You can see my lotus pictures he

Nedra

Old 22-07-2003, 03:55 AM
Nedra

Whew! Pretty demanding of me. Sorry for being so
abrupt.
Congratulations on the Bud! ;-)

Nedra

rthlink.net...