Old 22-07-2003, 03:58 AM
RichToyBox

Default Granite for Waterfalls

Granite is an igneous rock that takes thousands of years to become clay. It
shouldn't have anything in it that would hurt the pond, and if it did, it
would take forever to build up in any quantity. There are some shale's that
break down quickly, and some soft sandstones that will come unglued, making
a mess of the pond, but the basic chemistry of most of these rocks is not
harmful. Limestone will dissolve in more acidic water, raising the calcium
level, but if it is in large enough quantities, keep the pH from falling
very far. Dolomite is almost insoluble.
--
RichToyBox

"BGreel" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

Somewhere I thought I read where using granite in water falls is not good.
Anyone have any experience or thoughts?

Thank You
Joan