Old 21-07-2003, 02:02 PM
BGreel

Default Granite for Waterfalls

Hi Everyone,

Somewhere I thought I read where using granite in water falls is not good.
Anyone have any experience or thoughts?

Thank You
Joan
Old 21-07-2003, 03:02 PM
john rutz

--
Most all the rock I use in my pond is granite, there is a quarry down
the road a few miles and I get it fairly cheaply. My "Koi fence"

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 22-07-2003, 03:58 AM
RichToyBox

Granite is an igneous rock that takes thousands of years to become clay. It
shouldn't have anything in it that would hurt the pond, and if it did, it
would take forever to build up in any quantity. There are some shale's that
break down quickly, and some soft sandstones that will come unglued, making
a mess of the pond, but the basic chemistry of most of these rocks is not
harmful. Limestone will dissolve in more acidic water, raising the calcium
level, but if it is in large enough quantities, keep the pH from falling
very far. Dolomite is almost insoluble.
--
RichToyBox

Old 22-07-2003, 04:10 AM
RichToyBox

"BGreel" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

Somewhere I thought I read where using granite in water falls is not good.
Anyone have any experience or thoughts?

Thank You
Joan

FREE washed sand and crushed granite slugfest Texas 0 06-03-2004 10:18 PM
FREE washed sand and crushed granite slugfest Texas 0 06-03-2004 10:18 PM
decomposed vs crushed granite Tom Jones Texas 1 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
Decomposed granite J Kolenovsky Texas 7 05-04-2003 11:10 AM
decomposed vs crushed granite Tom Jones Texas 1 21-02-2003 07:58 PM