Old 22-07-2003, 04:02 AM
John Savage

Default What kind of soap can I use on Aphids?

(Carla) writes:
Try
www.GardensAlive.com because they have something called Pyola. I
like it for all sorts of pests in my container garden (I don't get

"lbbs" wrote in message ...
My plum tree is infested with aphids I sprayed it really good with a soap
insecticide but did not help.
I far as I can tell it's aphids (small green bugs). The tree has lots of
sticky leaves and some webs on the leaves.
What else can I try?

Aphids on roses and lemons congregate at the new tips. I spray those
ends of the branches with a 1:3 mix of methylated spirits and water.
The aphids die instantly and within minutes the spray has evaporated.

Methylated spirits (aka denatured alcohol) is about 98% ethyl alcohol.
--
John Savage (news reply email invalid; keep news replies in newsgroup)