Old 22-07-2003, 02:42 PM
Theo van Daele

Default Honey for koi ?

Hey Lee,

Well, tried it in the mean time and they absolutely *loved* it :-)

(but then again I reckon when I just drop some concrete in they'll eat that
as well ;-)

High end food... I'm using Hikari mostly, and hoping that's good stuff ?

I also tried the garlic (couldn't resist) and rubbed my hands in fresh
garlic. Yup, they were very interested indeed. Had to get used to it it
seemed, and then they really started to get the hang of it. So I give them
a minuscule particle... yup, they eat that too.

In the mean time, I finally found a fish I've been wanting for years ... a 3
year old magoi. Very strong & tame fish, eats out of my hand after one day
!

http://www.wide-o.net/summerpond2003/magoi.jpg

Is there something as CompulsiveKoiBuyers Anonymous, because I need it ? ;-)

Theo

"Lee Brouillet" schreef in bericht
Hey Theo!

Honey is fine for them; if you can find bee pollen, that's good, too. The
(extremely!) high-end Japanese import foods have honey and bee pollen in
them.

Another thing you could try: koi *love* garlic!!! When I mix up paste food
for them, I always add garlic powder, and they eat it right up. Also, if
yours hand-feed, try rubbing some garlic on your fingers and see what
happens!

Lee