Old 22-07-2003, 04:32 PM
Linda W.

Default How to Root an African Violet Leaf? ...

Hello ...

I posted recently asking about one of my African violets, which was
wilted.

So far, I've been unable to improve its situation -- in fact, it's now
down to just some roots in the soil. This plant has sentimental value
to me, and so I am quite disappointed that this has occurred. I've
left the roots in the soil in the pot, hoping that there still might
be something of an African-violet miracle and perhaps it might still
leaf out again?

Meanwhile, it was also suggested that I try rooting one of the leaves
from the plant. I took a leaf from the plant back when it still had
leaves and placed it in a small cup of water. The stem is in water,
not the leaf itself.

It has been in the water for more than a week, but I don't see any
evidence of rooting yet. Does it generally take a long time? Should
I just continue to keep it in the water?

Many thanks for any advice.

Linda W.