Old 22-07-2003, 11:07 PM
Alexander Pensky

Default Need help identifying perennial

Frogleg wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 22:20:54 GMT, "Cereoid-UR12-"
wrote:

Guy Bradley wrote

I have been unable to identify the perennial whose picture is posted
on the following newsgroup, under the name "unknown perennial".

alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

So where is the picture?

I see neither your name nor the picture there.

If the file size was too large it may have been rejected by the server.

It *is* a large file (440k), but it's there.

"There" is a relative term when discussing Usenet groups. The file will
reach different news servers at different times. Many servers don't
carry binary groups or don't carry alt. groups, and those that do carry
binary groups usually have a very short hold time (a few hours) for the
large files. The common suggestion "post the picture to a.b.p.g and
post a link here" is not that effective; when one of us reads the link
and clicks it, it's *extremely* rare that the picture is also on our
news server at the same moment. Better to find a place to web host the
photos and post the URL here. There are lots of places on the web that
offer free space for photo albums.

- Alex