Old 23-07-2003, 01:32 AM
Lee Brouillet

Default Honey for koi ?

That's ALSO a good food! Doc J catches a lot of flack because he makes
mistakes and goes public with them. I think it kinda makes him human, and if
HE can make stupid boo-boos with all of his expertise, then the rest of us
need to be on our toes G! The stuff he advocates/stands behind can be
pricey, but they're also good. And yes, a lot of the stuff he advocates are
sponsors of his various sites and projects, but that does not mean that the
products are not worthy of attention and evaluation.

Lee
"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
I feed my guys and gals the Koi food from
koivet.com - I purposely buy the small pellet. The
big kids really go for it and the small Goldies get a bite
too. Just ordered my third bag.....

Nedra

"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message
LUVly fishie! The magoi/chagoi/ochiba's are all pretty close to the
"natural" carp, so they're very hardy, indeed. Further, they are

*famous*
for being easy to tame and will learn to hand-feed readily. And - it

seems
that once *one* fish does it, the rest get jealous and want to do it,

too.
That's another of the fish on my Wish List.

If you find CompulsiveKoiBuyersAnonymous, please sign me up right after

you
. . . (sigh).

Hikari is a good food: you're not cheating your babies. I purchased some

of
the Gold (with the color enhancers) and had to give it away: my white

fish
were taking on a distinct "blush". It was quite disturbing to watch my
high-end shiro utsuri turn pink! The non-white fish looked great, though
G! The *really* high-end fish food I was talking about has silkworm

pupae
in it, in addition to the bee pollen and honey. But it goes for about

$45
US
per pound. Personally, as much as I like my fish, I'm not sacrificing MY
grocery budget for THEIRS!

Lee

"Theo van Daele" wrote in message
Hey Lee,

Well, tried it in the mean time and they absolutely *loved* it :-)

(but then again I reckon when I just drop some concrete in they'll eat

that
as well ;-)

High end food... I'm using Hikari mostly, and hoping that's good stuff

?

I also tried the garlic (couldn't resist) and rubbed my hands in fresh
garlic. Yup, they were very interested indeed. Had to get used to

it
it
seemed, and then they really started to get the hang of it. So I give

them
a minuscule particle... yup, they eat that too.

In the mean time, I finally found a fish I've been wanting for years

3
year old magoi. Very strong & tame fish, eats out of my hand after

one
day
!

http://www.wide-o.net/summerpond2003/magoi.jpg

Is there something as CompulsiveKoiBuyers Anonymous, because I need it

?
;-)

Theo

"Lee Brouillet" schreef in bericht
Hey Theo!

Honey is fine for them; if you can find bee pollen, that's good,

too.
The
(extremely!) high-end Japanese import foods have honey and bee

pollen
in
them.

Another thing you could try: koi *love* garlic!!! When I mix up

paste
food
for them, I always add garlic powder, and they eat it right up.

Also,
if
yours hand-feed, try rubbing some garlic on your fingers and see

what
happens!

Lee