Old 23-07-2003, 02:02 AM
bobkiely

Default is ph & alkaline the same?

Muffin:
Your question is flawed. Or to give you an answer - No, they are not the
same.

Ph is the "measurement" of something's acidity or alkalinity on a scale from
1 to 14. Examples: Hydrocholoric acid = 1; Lime-Away = 3; Vinegar = 6; Tap
water = 7 (usually); Liquid floor cleaner = 9; Dishwasher detergent = 10-11;
Caustic = 14.

I've never seen a ph kit that has readings with 3 digits unless 127 means
12.7. When I lived in Ohio I used to work for a chemical company so I have a
little background on ph.

The above examples are just that so don't hold me to the exact readings.
Hope that helped.
BK

PS: BTW What is koizyme?

"*muffin*" wrote in message
my ph test kit says that 7.0 on the reading is neutral.
above is alkaline.......
but, some 'things' (like koizyme) want an alkalinity as a minimum of 80
preferred is 100-120.
where/how do you get those readings???????/