Old 23-07-2003, 10:02 AM
Joseph Meehan

Default Overseeding?

Never had a problem. Just how far north do you need to be. I am in mid
Ohio and while a few people have reported them around here, they have not
bothered me and it has been years since I have used any pesticide on my lawn

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"BT" wrote in message
If you have Chinch bugs then you either use tons of pesticide or you

overseed
every year just to try and keep up with the voracious insects. The

northern
chinch bugs tend to fly from one area to another quite readily unlike the

more
"stay in one place" ones in southern climes, so pesticides won't get rid

of
chinch bugs in the north anyways. Newer types of lawn grass seed with

endophytes
can be used to overseed infested areas and have proved to be very chinch

bug
resistant. You have to overseed every year though...

BT

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
In another thread "overseeding" was noted as if it were standard
maintenance practice.

My experience is limited to Ohio and I am sure there are differences

in
different areas, but is this standard practice? From personal

experience I
have never seen this useful except for specific problems.

Why would a healthy lawn require or benefit from overseeding?

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math