Old 23-07-2003, 05:32 PM
Amos E. Wolfe

Default Fussy Sparrows

I recently put up a bird feeder in my front garden, hoping to see such
things as blue tits, finches etc. Currently all I have attracted is some
rather fussy sparrows (

They land on the perches and then proceed to pick through what is there,
occasionlly pausing to eat something. They do this with such a vigorous
flicking motion that a large amount gets spilled on the grass below.

I would estimate that they eat 20% while 80% gets dropped. The feeder
contains what is branded as "seed supreme" - a mixture of wheat? grains,
corn, dried peas and sunflower seeds.

Apart from starting to grow crops in my lawn from the discarded seed is
there anything I can do??

--
-= Amos E. Wolfe =-
The artist formerly known as =# Ben #=