Old 23-07-2003, 06:22 PM
Jacquard_The_Ripper

Default Lawn damage from roof shingles

It will recover. I once has a guy replacing a window (sidelight) and
left the old one lying on the grass for about an hour. I had a burn
spot the shape of a door sidelight for a couple of weeks.

If it's hot and sunny, water the grass early in the morning (like 5
AM). Baby it for a few days.

I hope this helps,
Cynthia

On 22 Jul 2003 22:58:10 -0700, (Bob) wrote:

Hi. I had my roof replaced a few days ago. The job
took one day, and it was a very hot day. The crew
threw shingles all over the lawn as they worked,
and wherever the shingles laid, that spot is now a
yellow patch of grass.

I have little lawn care experience, and am wondering
if this is a temporary condition -- just grass blade
damage that'll grow back. Or if the grass is just dead
and I'm looking at future bald spots.

Anyone have had similar experience?