Old 23-07-2003, 07:02 AM
Bob

Default Lawn damage from roof shingles

Hi. I had my roof replaced a few days ago. The job
took one day, and it was a very hot day. The crew
threw shingles all over the lawn as they worked,
and wherever the shingles laid, that spot is now a
yellow patch of grass.

I have little lawn care experience, and am wondering
if this is a temporary condition -- just grass blade
damage that'll grow back. Or if the grass is just dead
and I'm looking at future bald spots.

Anyone have had similar experience?
Old 23-07-2003, 10:02 AM
Joseph Meehan

Don't worry, the grass will recover in a few days.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

om...

Old 23-07-2003, 06:22 PM
Jacquard_The_Ripper

It will recover. I once has a guy replacing a window (sidelight) and
left the old one lying on the grass for about an hour. I had a burn
spot the shape of a door sidelight for a couple of weeks.

If it's hot and sunny, water the grass early in the morning (like 5
AM). Baby it for a few days.

I hope this helps,
Cynthia