Old 23-07-2003, 07:22 PM
James Curts

Default Do rose blossoms come in two colors?

"Cass" wrote in message
.. .
In article AfyTa.114494$GL4.30129@rwcrnsc53, James Curts
wrote:

"Shiva" wrote in message

news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.7cebfae42a4c68f10d0c8e4c97b94fe6 @1058973848.cotse.net...
Okay, I'll bite. What is the name of this rose? If you don't know, how

about a pic?

I call it Old Buddy. The neighbors calls it a stickery SOB. The grand

kids
won't get near it and call it Old Meany.

It came into being a couple or three generations ago and I do not know

the
source although it may have come here in a steamer trunk from Ireland.

When
we moved to a new home I just sliced into the root with a shovel and

stuffed
the chunk in a bucket where it wintered.

I do not have a picture of it. The first setting of flowers has very
pronounced black lacey weave in the outer row of petals and as the

season
progresses the black seems to become less pronounced until in the fall

the
flowers are just red and not nearly so brilliant.

Does it look like this:
http://www.rosefog.us/Roseoftheday/ThorOct02.jpg

I went out and took a 2 day old bloom from that rose and there is a slight
pinkish tint in some of the inner petals when held to the light.

Jim