Old 23-07-2003, 07:22 PM
Chris

Default Reel Mowers

"Sean" none wrote in :

Can anyone shed their experience with reel mowers? I know the drawbacks
include not having 6 hp - what are the benefits? I have a very lush and
healthy zoysia lawn in Atlanta.

Thanks for everyones input,

Sean

I have been using one for 3 years now on my small lot. It cuts the grass
better than a power mower (unless you have a power reel mower) It doesn't
reqire storing gas or using electricity. No flying yard debris (rocks,
sticks etc...) It is great exercise and the kids can help out with less
worry about injury to them.

Downsides include more frequent mowing (they have trouble with grass that
is too high, tend to push it over) and no power (although you can get a
powered reel mower, they are hard to find)

Even for a large lot, you get get reel mower attachments for your tractor
(similar to golf course equipment)

Chris