Old 23-07-2003, 08:02 PM
NewsUser

Default Vinegar for killing weeds -- follow up

I tried vinegar a while back and it killed the weeds DEAD! Nasty stuff with
big tap roots. Other than the smell, I like using this alternative to
expensive chemicals.

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message
My experience with vinegar as a weed killer is that it turns the plant

brown,
weakens it a bit, but doesn't really kill it. It invariably bounces back

life. Putting vinegar on is equivalent to pulling the plant out but not

doing a
good job of getting the root. I've had better luck with boiling water if

I can
put enough on so the water is still hot when it trickles down to the root.

If I
can't boil the root, it is the same old story-- dead leaves + healthy root

=
weed that comes back.