Old 24-07-2003, 12:08 AM
Anne Lurie

Default URL Silliness

Ah, I'm disappointed -- I was really expecting to hear about the "you will
*not* believe what domain names people are registering!!!" newsletter.

As for seeing what's out there, I can recall when --*years* ago -- I was
on the mailing list to see new sites that were showing up on Yahoo! (The
list was abandoned very quickly, when new sites began appearing at
x-thousand per hour, or something!)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Susan H. Simko" wrote in message
Theo van Daele and others wrote:

PS: yes indeed, what were you looking for ;-)

I'm a web administrator know for having a quirky sense of humour and who
is not easily offended. One of our web designers sent it to me but some
of the facts were wrong so I rewrote it. In addition, it's part of my
job to see what others are doing out there on the web. At one time, if
you wanted to learn creative ways of dealing with large file sizes and
lots of downloads, porno sites were the places to go to see how they
handled it. *shrug* Makes sense if you think about it.

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu