Old 22-07-2003, 07:22 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default URL Silliness

If you were a battery manufacturer in Italy by the name of Powergen what
would you call yourself?

Powergenitalia?

Surely not!

Oh yes they did:
http://www.powergenitalia.com/

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu

Old 22-07-2003, 07:32 PM
ajames54

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:05:58 -0400, "Susan H. Simko"
wrote:

If you were a battery manufacturer in Italy by the name of Powergen what
would you call yourself?

Powergenitalia?

Surely not!

Oh yes they did:
http://www.powergenitalia.com/

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu

they might make good...

http://www.whorepresents.com/
Old 22-07-2003, 08:46 PM
johnrutz

--
OH my

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 23-07-2003, 01:33 AM
Theo van Daele

ROFL !

Good one :-)

Bet they get a lot of hits ?!!???

Theo

PS: yes indeed, what were you looking for ;-)

"Susan H. Simko" schreef in bericht

Old 23-07-2003, 08:02 PM
Susan H. Simko

Theo van Daele and others wrote:

PS: yes indeed, what were you looking for ;-)

I'm a web administrator know for having a quirky sense of humour and who
is not easily offended. One of our web designers sent it to me but some
of the facts were wrong so I rewrote it. In addition, it's part of my
job to see what others are doing out there on the web. At one time, if
you wanted to learn creative ways of dealing with large file sizes and
lots of downloads, porno sites were the places to go to see how they
handled it. *shrug* Makes sense if you think about it.

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu

Old 23-07-2003, 11:14 PM
Theo van Daele

Wasn't meant as a first degree Susan !

It surely tickeled my sense of humour :-) Still does actually LOL.

Theo

Old 24-07-2003, 12:08 AM
Anne Lurie

Ah, I'm disappointed -- I was really expecting to hear about the "you will
*not* believe what domain names people are registering!!!" newsletter.

As for seeing what's out there, I can recall when --*years* ago -- I was
on the mailing list to see new sites that were showing up on Yahoo! (The
list was abandoned very quickly, when new sites began appearing at
x-thousand per hour, or something!)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

Old 24-07-2003, 05:02 PM
Susan H. Simko

Theo van Daele wrote:

Wasn't meant as a first degree Susan !

Didn't think it was. *grin* As I said, I have a weird sense of humour
and being asked about how I found it amused me.

It surely tickeled my sense of humour :-) Still does actually LOL.

Oh yeah. Actually, I extended the note text to add
http://whorepresents.com as it seemed like a great segue. *laugh* Got
to have something to laugh about in the midst of pre-platform changeover
panic at the office.

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu

URL Silliness Susan H. Simko North Carolina 5 28-07-2003 01:24 AM
URL Silliness Susan H. Simko Roses 2 23-07-2003 04:42 PM
[IBC] Society URL Jerry Meislik Bonsai 2 20-03-2003 10:08 PM
Natives of Texas (URL) animaux Texas 8 25-02-2003 03:29 PM
Tomato Recommendations for 2003 :) - now about "copy url" BT Gardening 0 02-02-2003 12:11 AM