Old 24-07-2003, 01:13 AM
RichToyBox

Default How important is a bottom drain with a skimmer.

The skimmer will collect most of the material before it has a chance to go
to the bottom, but some still settles and the bottom drain makes cleaning
the bottom of the pond much easier, since it is doing it all day and all
night.
--
RichToyBox

"Mickey" wrote in message
This year is the experimental year for the 3000gallon pond plumbing since

it
is the first year. I am thinking of just running the OASE skimmer and
removing the aftermarket bottom drain. I live in Zone 4 and the pond will

be
drained yearly do to freezing. Is this a bad idea? I have a 3800 GPH
Sequence pump and it sucks aloot of stuff off the top when it is used by
itself.