Old 24-07-2003, 02:12 AM
Mickey

Default Micron for prefilter capsule

Will look it up thanks. The filter is 4 foot tall so it might not be that
bad it is large enough to handle the full 3800GPH plus if I was pumping with
no head at all.

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
It is my understanding that you would need to have a filter that will

filter
down to about 5 micron. This fine a filter will clog very quickly in most
ponds. Did a Google with micron, and algae for rec.ponds and found

several
posts on the subject.
--
RichToyBox

"Mickey" wrote in message
I work for a company that uses industrial filtering systems for water

and
found a filter to use for a prefilter that I think will work great. The
question is what micron rating is good for a pond? I would like to

filter
out some of the green crud that keeps me from seeing deeper than 5

inches.
am hoping this will work. I thought about getting a 20 micron or smaller

and
seeing how long it takes it to clog up. If it would last a week that

would
be great.