Old 24-07-2003, 04:03 AM
johnrutz

Default koi and plants?

LYNN FORRES wrote:
new to koi - 5 nice sized koi in 700 gallon cement pond - the local experts
tell us that you never put plants in with koi because they tear them up and
make a mess. Seems like they would like a little shelter with plants.
Please share your experience with us. TIA L.

yu are going to get a lot of different responses on this some of us cant
keep plants and koi together others can

I keep plants(lily) and koi together but i also let a lot of string
algae stay in the pond too, so the Koi spend their salad time eating
the algae.
up till a few weeks ago I had over a hundred Koi in an 8000 gal pond.
last summer they were able to get into the veggie filter too and didnt
decimate things most all my plants are just plunked into the VF only
the small new ones are in pots w rocks
--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico