Old 24-07-2003, 08:59 AM
Christopher Norton

Default Banned Herbicides && Pesticides

What you get when you interview someone such as Monty Don on the radio
is a very opinionated version of whats going on. Everyone who has read
one of his books knows he`s absolutley 100% organic and that works for
him a treat. However, you do have to give some balence to the argument
rather than just the one side. It`s the same with the GM crop debate. No
one wants GM food but we dont actually know why we dont as there is`nt
enough published research about the matter because we dont want it so we
stop the trials!!!

Monty Don was giving HIS opinion and that is all. We have the same right
as him to do so.

So here`s my opinion. They have gone too far with some of the banished
substances. Indeed, in professional life they are getting rid of the
most common timber preservative and instead are going to heavy metals
instead! I prefer the CCA to the new ones. Just my opinion and is`nt
based on anything else.

As for the idea of us all giving all the substances back it`s laughable.
Who on gods earth is going to police it. I can just imagine the courts
being full of 70 year olds "you are charged with the posession of a
banned substance - Creosote. How do you plead?".

Off to the garden center to stock up on some real insectiside.