Old 24-07-2003, 09:02 PM
Shiva

Default Rose Re-runs

Just back from vacation, thinking about next spring's roses to see if
the activity of planning can keep me from ordering and planting this
fall. We do what we can.

Since I've lost a bunch of roses this year, my mind naturally turned
to those roses I or other agents such as winter or voles have killed
that I must try again. Below is the list so far, beginning with the
one I want the most, with cause of death following:

Joyfulness--ownroot Michael's, only rose I ever lost to winter. It was
too young and I got it into the ground too late, which did not help.
WONDERFUL peachy HT with good fragrance.

Europeana--grafted Edmunds, vole chow TWICE. This really IS the best
red floribunda, even though I never could smell the scent others said
was there. Stayed in bloom, no kidding, and is a bright, clear, medium
red. Love it so much I'm thinking a whole row in the front bed, what
an eyecatcher. It works as a cut rose too.

Granada--grafted Weeks--this was a good performer. I want more grafted
versions because my two very healthy Roses Unlimited ownroots are
starting very, very slowly.

Anyone else planning to order reruns?