Old 24-07-2003, 11:12 PM
Aaron Baugher

Default Best cuke for flesh/seed ratio?

I'm growing Little Leaf this year, and the plants are healthy and the
cukes look great, but as soon as they get any size at all, they're
full of seeds. I expect that when they get to full size (say 6" long
and 2" across), but even at one inch diameter these seem to be at
least 3/4 seeds. I don't think I should have to pick them the size of
baby carrots just to avoid seeds.

Anyone want to suggest a variety that has a high flesh/seed ratio?
I'd like something firm for pickling. That's why I don't care for all
the weak, seedy center portion in the first place; it just doesn't
make the pickles crunchy like they should be.

Thanks,
--
Aaron