Old 24-07-2003, 11:56 PM
Peter Peter is offline
Registered User

Location: Sheffield, South Yorks, UK
Default How to tame a virginia creeper?

Our house looks splendid with the Virginia Creeper I planted about 8 years ago covering the front and side , BUT ....

I am now having remove 2-3 feet of growth 3 times a year to prevent it growing over my windows and roof. I haven't fed it for ages. In the early spring I pruned the roots so radically that I was afraid that I might kill the plant. Yet this summer the creeper is as vigorous as ever!!

What can I do? I want to keep the plant. But I just want to keep it under control.