Old 24-07-2003, 11:56 PM
Registered User

Location: Sheffield, South Yorks, UK
Default How to tame a virginia creeper?

Our house looks splendid with the Virginia Creeper I planted about 8 years ago covering the front and side , BUT ....

I am now having remove 2-3 feet of growth 3 times a year to prevent it growing over my windows and roof. I haven't fed it for ages. In the early spring I pruned the roots so radically that I was afraid that I might kill the plant. Yet this summer the creeper is as vigorous as ever!!

What can I do? I want to keep the plant. But I just want to keep it under control.
Old 25-07-2003, 12:29 AM
Registered User

Location: Sheffield, South Yorks, UK

By Virginia Creeper I mean the one with the adhesive disks, Parthenocissus quinquefolia
Old 25-07-2003, 10:03 AM
david

I think you can't. Also, we had one rambling all over our barns. When we
rebuilt, using the stone, there was absolutely no way of getting ri of the
suction pads!
David
Old 27-07-2003, 09:30 AM
Registered User

Location: Sheffield, South Yorks, UK

I've heard there are chemicals for inhibiting growth. Will one of them help slow it down?

virginia creeper Mogie Gardening 3 25-12-2003 12:02 AM
Virginia Creeper Prof Rollerball United Kingdom 7 11-07-2003 02:44 PM
How do I reproduce Virginia Creeper plants? ivor bit United Kingdom 4 22-06-2003 02:08 PM
Pests on virginia creeper? DM Gardening 0 31-05-2003 08:44 PM
Virginia Creeper (?) oxymel of squill United Kingdom 1 12-11-2002 05:56 PM