Old 25-07-2003, 12:42 AM

Default Lotus

get scuba gear. take along an underwater chain saw. I dont know if you have every
tried to pull up a water lily, but a lotus is much harder. you will tip the boat
over and not budge it an millimeter. this is not the best time of the year for
trying to grow lotus anyway. Ingrid

(astronomer) wrote:

Tomorrow I am going to a lake in Florida to get some wild lotus but I
don`t know what special cares to have...
Basically I am going to shove my hand through the muddy waters (below
a withered lotus flower) and to the bottom (will I touch roots?? or
soil??). Then I am going to grab whatever is there and pull it up
carefully. I expect to bring up several intertwinned potato-looking
tubers which I will have to break somewhere in order to seperate and
make transportable.
I really wanted to be successfull in bringing back possible lotus
tubers but what cares do I need? If I do what will I kill it? I
would really appreciate some help, some guidance.

Bruno
PhD student
University of Florida

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List