Old 25-07-2003, 06:12 AM
JennyC

Default Wisteria leaf colour fading through the season

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message
Hi,

I freely admit I have been neglectful - not pruning the Wisteria to

keep it
on the straight (or fairly twisty) and narrow.

However it started the year with dark green foliage.
As the year progresses the foliage is getting lighter and lighter

and now is
mainly pale yellow/green, although the Wisteria is still growing

fairly
strongly.

I would put it down to lack of nutrients, but when on holiday in

France a
few years back there was a Wisteria in the yard of the Gite which

showed
similar symptoms, and giving it a liquid feed or two didn't seem to

make any
difference.

So is this a natural thing, perhaps easing back on the chlorophyl as

the sun
gets stronger, or should I feed the poor thing with massive amounts

of food
to get it green again?

Cheers
Dave R

I have always assumed that that's the way they grow, My new growth is
also very pale.......
Jenny