Old 25-07-2003, 07:32 AM
zookeeper

Default Edging Ideas

Gene wrote:
Edge it with a flower bed using landscaping timbers and plant bluestar
junipers. Bluestar junipers grow low to the ground and spread out about
2-3 feet. You can place them where they will overhang the pond a little.

JRF wrote:
I'm moving to my new house ... pond in the backyard. It's basically

a rough triangle shape dug into in a flat lawn. I'm looking for some
different or new ideas for edging the flexible liner ...

If you use any type of lumber or timbers, be sure that they are
untreated wood. Some ponders have had problems with toxic or harmful
substances leaching out of treated wood into their ponds. Or try some of
the new plastic / wood manufactured timbers (Trex, etc.) Sod,
low-growing fescue, ribbon grass, or an evergreen herb (rosemary, thyme)
would look nice draped over the edge of the pond, although you might
have to place a rock or two here and there to completely hide the liner.
--
Kathy B, zookeeper
3500gal pond, 13 pond piggies