Old 25-07-2003, 05:02 AM
JRF

Default Edging Ideas

Hi Guys:
I'm moving to my new house this weekend and I just finished a 750 gal
pond in the backyard. It's basically a rough triangle shape dug into in
a flat lawn. I'm looking for some different or new ideas for edging the
flexible liner. I grew kind of tired of the rock/paver look I had at my
old pond.
Does anyone out there have any ideas that are a little different from
the usual edging?

Jeff

Old 25-07-2003, 07:02 AM
Gene

Edge it with a flower bed using landscaping timbers and plant bluestar
junipers. Bluestar junipers grow low to the ground and spread out about
2-3 feet. You can place them where they will overhang the pond a little.

Old 25-07-2003, 07:02 AM
johnrutz

JRF wrote:
Hi Guys:
I'm moving to my new house this weekend and I just finished a 750 gal
pond in the backyard. It's basically a rough triangle shape dug into in
a flat lawn. I'm looking for some different or new ideas for edging the
flexible liner. I grew kind of tired of the rock/paver look I had at my
old pond.
Does anyone out there have any ideas that are a little different from
the usual edging?

Jeff

I liked K30's pond so i added sod around mine tight to the water line

--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 25-07-2003, 07:32 AM
zookeeper

Gene wrote:
Edge it with a flower bed using landscaping timbers and plant bluestar
junipers. Bluestar junipers grow low to the ground and spread out about
2-3 feet. You can place them where they will overhang the pond a little.

JRF wrote:
I'm moving to my new house ... pond in the backyard. It's basically

a rough triangle shape dug into in a flat lawn. I'm looking for some
different or new ideas for edging the flexible liner ...

If you use any type of lumber or timbers, be sure that they are
untreated wood. Some ponders have had problems with toxic or harmful
substances leaching out of treated wood into their ponds. Or try some of
the new plastic / wood manufactured timbers (Trex, etc.) Sod,
low-growing fescue, ribbon grass, or an evergreen herb (rosemary, thyme)
would look nice draped over the edge of the pond, although you might
have to place a rock or two here and there to completely hide the liner.
--
Kathy B, zookeeper
3500gal pond, 13 pond piggies

Old 25-07-2003, 01:32 PM
Chad

I thought this looked interesting.... it's called edg-keeper. I don't
know if anyone here is using it or has tried it.

http://www.olyola.com/edgkeeper.html

I currently am using bolders as edging that is topped with large river
flats and my mulch... I am pretty pleased with the look but I sank
more money into rock than I should have.

Here are some pic's... I need to post some of my new ones... I have
been enjoying the pond in the evening rather than updating my site.

http://members.cox.net/bokowski/

Old 25-07-2003, 05:02 PM
Neil Law

On 25 Jul 2003 05:22:00 -0700, (Chad) wrote:

I thought this looked interesting.... it's called edg-keeper. I don't
know if anyone here is using it or has tried it.

http://www.olyola.com/edgkeeper.html

I tried it last year. You have to do a lot of leveling to get it to work right.
This year I find it is pulling away from the edge of the pond some I'm getting
gaps.

Don't think I'd use it again.

Old 26-07-2003, 12:32 AM
jammer

On 25 Jul 2003 05:22:00 -0700, (Chad) wrote:

I thought this looked interesting.... it's called edg-keeper. I don't
know if anyone here is using it or has tried it.

http://www.olyola.com/edgkeeper.html

I currently am using bolders as edging that is topped with large river
flats and my mulch... I am pretty pleased with the look but I sank
more money into rock than I should have.

Here are some pic's... I need to post some of my new ones... I have
been enjoying the pond in the evening rather than updating my site.

http://members.cox.net/bokowski/

I like your rock. I like all the critter hidey holes you have! Water
fall looks great.

Pond edging ideas - Aestetics check Bill Stock Ponds (moderated) 5 05-09-2007 07:14 PM
Edging for curved borders? will United Kingdom 2 19-03-2003 09:32 PM
Pond edging plants Steve Jackson United Kingdom 2 20-02-2003 09:33 PM
Log roll edging Will United Kingdom 2 17-02-2003 09:32 AM
Lawn edging using a petrol trimmer Rocket Gardening 3 26-01-2003 06:26 PM