Old 25-07-2003, 01:32 PM
Aaron Baugher

Default Summer Lettuce crop

"harold steig" writes:

I had great luck with lettuce this spring growing black seeded
simpson and salad bowl. Now that the rest of the salad vegges are
getting ripe my lettuce is about done. I live in central WI and we
do get warm days 85 to 95 with night time temps in the 60's

Do you think i can get another batch of simpson to grow this year ?
I could water daily and put a cover over it about 12 inches above
ground to shade it from the sun.

I'm going to plant several kinds of lettuce in about a week, here in
central Illinois. I think you'd get a crop if you planted now, as
long as you don't get an unusually early frost. Someone actually in
your area might know for sure.

--
Aaron