Old 25-07-2003, 01:42 PM

Default Where can we sell organic pumpkins in the Austin area?

My grandson (9) and I (?) managed to grow at least two pickup truck
loads of organic (no insecticide) pumpkins. Now "he" needs to sell
them. So where does he go to sell his pumpkins? I think this would
be a great time to teach him how to be a "Middle Man". He could
broker grampa's pumpkins to someone that could resell them:-)
We are not agreeable to allowing him to sell them on the side of the road
- those times have long since gone. (BTW - the pumpkins grew like weeds! In
fact, they are a great weed competitor, as they choked out
every weed. They do, however need to be irrigated in the heat. The
pumpkin pies, etc., are awesome - but you can only eat so many.
We are going to pile up a bunch under heavy oak trees near the creek &
see if they make it to winter.)

Thanks,
Gene
in the metropolis of Briggs, TX