Old 25-07-2003, 03:32 PM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Default Best cuke for flesh/seed ratio?

In article ,
Aaron Baugher wrote:

I'm growing Little Leaf this year, and the plants are healthy and the
cukes look great, but as soon as they get any size at all, they're
full of seeds. I expect that when they get to full size (say 6" long
and 2" across), but even at one inch diameter these seem to be at
least 3/4 seeds. I don't think I should have to pick them the size of
baby carrots just to avoid seeds.

Anyone want to suggest a variety that has a high flesh/seed ratio?
I'd like something firm for pickling. That's why I don't care for all
the weak, seedy center portion in the first place; it just doesn't
make the pickles crunchy like they should be.

Thanks,

My Armenians are very crunchy with much fewer seeds than normal and
long....... very long lol. I am also looking for other cukes with fewer
seeds.