Old 25-07-2003, 04:02 PM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Default Couldn't be much more of a newbie... need some advice :)

In article ,
Frogleg wrote:

Most vegetables don't need to be shaded from mid-day sun. They are,
with a few exceptions, "full sun" plants, which means a *minimum* of
6hrs direct sun a day, and more is better. "Dappled shade" is *not*
for vegetables.

Well it really depends where you live and how hot it gets and the site,
don't you think? We grow a number of veggies in partial shade here in
Missouri Z 5b with great results. Summer temps here are pretty much
high 90s all of July and August. Our tomatoes and peppers that are
partially shaded do far better than those in full sun and never get
scalded either. They do, however, get more than 6 hours of sun but they
are very shaded in the afternoon. This particular garden sits on the
edge of a woods.