Old 25-07-2003, 04:02 PM
Shiva

Default Bloom & basal problems.

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:28:50 GMT, "Theo Asir"
wrote:

Thought I'd consult on my problems.

[snip specifics]

Sorry I'm late, Theo, I've been away.

Although I am in a much warmer (and just really climatically
different) zone than you, what struck me about your descriptions is
that these are all really young roses! If I read correctly, the oldest
one was 2 years? You owe it to yourself and your investment of time
and money to keep them at least 3, don't you think?

Also:

Kaiserin Auguste Viktoria.
It was a continual bloomer last year
but has put out just a single bud this year.
Might euthanize.

Is this the same rose that one sees listed as Crown Princess Victoria,
but in German? If so, I understand it is a great rose! Also, if it
bloomed continuously last year, you were clearly doing something right
then that you are not doing now. Or perhaps a problem has developed
that has nothing to do with what you are doing, but is one you must
address. Not the rose's fault!

Perhaps if you would not use words like "euthanize" I might not feel
compelled to defend them. G